About the author
My name is Yuri Syuganov. I was born in the Soviet Union, and lived in
Moscow suburbs for about 25 years. I started taking pictures when I
was 7. In 1984 I bought a toy camera Lomo LC-A, and carried it with me
all the time for several years shooting virtually anything that
attracted my eye.
In 2000 I moved to the United States.
All the pictures on this site are from Moscow and suburbs, Russia, from mid
1980s‐early 1990s taken with Lomo Compact Automat (LC-A).
Later that camera became a legend used for what now is known to the
world as Lomography.
For my 21-st century photography check out syuganov.com.
- mid-1980s early 1990s: several group shows and few solo exhibitions
in Moscow and Tver (Russia), and in Arles (France)
- 2001: LOMOportfolio.com was created
- 2001: solo exhibition in Coffee Society, Cupertino, CA, USA
- 2002: exhibition at the Galleria Boragno, Milan, Italy
- 2002: lomowalls in San Jose, CA, USA
- 2008: solo exhibition at Red Rock Coffee, Mountain View, CA, USA
- 2009: solo exhibition at Brioche Bakery, San Francisco, CA, USA
- 2010: solo exhibition at Brioche Bakery, San Francisco, CA, USA
- 2014: "Home" show at Brickman Prints gallery, San Francisco, CA, USA
- 2014: Annual Plastic Camera show at Rayko Photo Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Phone/voicemail: +1 (408) 256-1261